• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

At Last!

My shot of poison is 18 yr old Glenlivet Reserve, when I can find it. Usually find it on our camping trips around the US. I'll have to look for some Macallan, haven't had it but sounds interesting. It's not too spendy compared to the freaking wine my wife imbibes... LOL

Dennis J Gooding

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
My shot of poison is 18 yr old Glenlivet Reserve, when I can find it. Usually find it on our camping trips around the US. I'll have to look for some Macallan, haven't had it but sounds interesting. It's not too spendy compared to the freaking wine my wife imbibes... LOL

John, your post reminds me that I have an older Scotch. About 30 years ago when I used to entertain co-workers occasionally, I bought a bottle of 12 year old Glenlivet for a friend who would drink nothing but Scotch. Sadly, he passed away (contented I am sure) and I still have 2/3 bottle of 42 year old
whisky. :)

John, your post reminds me that I have an older Scotch. About 30 years ago when I used to entertain co-workers occasionally, I bought a bottle of 12 year old Glenlivet for a friend who would drink nothing but Scotch. Sadly, he passed away (contented I am sure) and I still have 2/3 bottle of 42 year old
whisky. :)

Kewl, your post reminds me when this virus is over someday, I need to visit Oregon! :) Uhhh, yup, to visit a fellow wood-worker and learn from his experience with a lathe.

Dennis J Gooding

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
@Dennis J Gooding are the symptoms woodturning related? (Oak kegs would be close enough) You don't have to reveal any information protected by HIPPA. :rolleyes:

Yeah Bill, I miss the woodturning chatter. Speaking of kegs, has anyone yet made an art piece by mounting a keg on the lathe and turning beads and coves in the staves and ends?

I have 10 kegs but I think trying to turn a bead on metal might be over my head. Besides, they're all filled with beer or hard cider... one opps and it could get sticky.

Back