• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

??Are AAW Forum Passwords being hacked??

-e-

starting today, on the far side of the moon
Website
www.Studio-E-Artworks.com
I haven't logged on in months/years but received an email this morning which seems to indicate 'something' was attempting to upload an image:

I'm sorry, but the photo you submitted to AAW Forums, titled "A Review of the Physical Forces Woodturners Work With", has been deleted. Some reasons for photo deletions include:

-Images that were partially uploaded/incomplete -Broken images -Extremely poor quality/images (impossible to make out the image itself) -Images that did not conform to our published site contribution and usage guidelines such as offensive images

If you would like to submit another photo, please return to our photo upload form:

After the report that the Russians have stolen billions of username/passwords, wondering if AAW Moderators might want to be ALERTED ...

-e-

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
I looked into this an deep as I could. The "photo" you are referring to is a chart that was up for some time and the photo gallery moderators found it and it was deleted.
From what I have researched, it wasn't any hacking, just a sudden discovery that it was something that didn't fit into the current guidelines of what should be in the gallery.
i don't know what it was and unfortunately can't tell you what it, but I don't think it was any hacking activity.

Back