• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Anyone have back issues of Woodturning magazine?

I was wondering if anyone had back issues of Woodturning magazine that I could either buy or borrow? I just subscribed to this magazine and it is difficult to get many back issues from the publisher as they are pretty expensive coming from the UK and they don't have many available anyway.

I'd be happy to pay for any shipping costs.

PM me if you can help and I'll let you know which issues I already have.

thanks to all!

Kevin

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I have a few from various dates, mostly in the 1990's as I seem to recall. They're scattered all over various locations so I am not sure what issues that I might have. Are you wanting any particular ones?

Thanks Bill.

I like the ones that I have seen so I'm just seeing how many I could get honestly. If I could find some from someone looking to clear up some of their space by getting rid of old magazines, I'd be willing to take them off their hands.

I don't want to spend tons of money or anything, but I'd be willing to buy them for a reasonable price or even pay for shipping both ways just to borrow them.

I don't have any from the 90s I don't think. I have about a dozen issues I believe from the various points in the past few years. I started my subscription from Sep last year, so I'll get those all sent up to the current issue at once (which is kind of nice offering actually).

PM me whenever you know which ones you have and we'll go from there.

Thanks all!

Kevin

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
About 2 years ago I gave about 10 years of back issues to our club for the library. Now I keep donating so don't have any. Good magazine.

Check eBay.reasonable going price is about $4 per issue. The older ones bring higher prices as people collect these and try to put a complete collection together.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Kevin,

I assume you know the back issues are on line for members and that you want the paper copies.

Also there was a set of CDs or DVDs that had the first 20? Years of American wood turner on them.

A lot of local chapters bought them.

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
The British magazine, not the American Journal....

Kevin,

I assume you know the back issues are on line for members and that you want the paper copies.

Also there was a set of CDs or DVDs that had the first 20? Years of American wood turner on them.

A lot of local chapters bought them.

Al:

I'm pretty sure Kevin is looking for Woodturning magazine, published in England and edited by Mark Baker. American Woodturner is quite a different beast, and yes, dues-current AAW members have access to nearly all published issues of this journal.

Rob

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Al: I'm pretty sure Kevin is looking for Woodturning magazine, published in England and edited by Mark Baker. American Woodturner is quite a different beast, and yes, dues-current AAW members have access to nearly all published issues of this journal. Rob

Rob,

I'm pretty sure you're right. re reading the post looking at all the wordsmith does say "woodturning"

Thx
Al

Hi All,

Was there ever a DVD or CD ROM of the BACK issues ever published of the "Woodturning Magazine" ? or is there a Wood Turning Club that has the back issues in a digital FORMAT?

Back