1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

American Woodturner

Discussion in 'AAW Information' started by Barbara Gill, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Barbara Gill

Barbara Gill

Location (City & State):
    Middlesex County, Virginia
    Home Page:
    My December copy just arrived and as usual I made my quick trip through to get an idea of the contents before sitting down and reading. I got to the Campbell Folk School ad and the "Join us in 2010 for a Woodturning Workshop" caught my attention. Is that a mistake or an oversight by the Folk School?

2. Betty Scarpino

Betty Scarpino

Although we try to carefully proofread the advertisements for the vendors, everyone missed the incorrect date .... there's obviously no more classes in 2010! Thanks for pointing it out and in doing so, you will have given the Folk School some well deserved attention. It's a great school (as are many other places that teach woodturning). I hope that anyone who has not yet had the pleasure of attending a week-long hands-on workshop at a school will consider doing so. Amazing things can happen!

I will let the Folk School know about the error.

Betty Scarpino, editor, AW

3. Barbara Gill

Barbara Gill

Location (City & State):
    Middlesex County, Virginia
    Home Page:
    Wow that was fast Betty. I was fortunate to have attended a class there a number of years ago. It was a wonderful experience.

4. Jamie Donaldson

Jamie Donaldson

Location (City & State):
    Georgetown,KY
    The new turning studio....

...at the Campbell Folk School is a great teaching facility. Having frequently attended this "camp for adults" since my first turning class in 1986, the evolution to current environment has remained true to the founding principles of the Folk School, but the facilities are constantly being upgraded to enhance the experience.:)