1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION FORUM MEMBERS!

Guest, if you have not yet updated your forum bookmark to a secure log in connection, please delete your unsecure book and add the following secure bookmark: https://www.aawforum.org/community/index.php

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right of the notice box.

Dismiss Notice

Amazing virtual club meeting last night

Discussion in 'AAW Information' started by John Kelsey, Apr 8, 2020.

1. John Kelsey

John Kelsey

Location (City & State):
    Lancaster, PA
    Our Lancaster club held its first virtual club meeting last night, using Zoom. It was amazing: 80% of our members were able to join the call. Half of them brought something for show and tell, hold it closer to your face Gerry, thanks. We had a full two-hour meeting with the content entirely generated by us, and almost everyone stuck with it to the end. Flat out amazing.

After the usual club business and the show-and-tell session, our agenda included an original song, Quarantine Blues, a visit to the local plant preparing materials for N95 mask production (one of our guys works there), a video on turning epoxy-wood combos, oval natural-edge bowls explained by a senior member with 50 years at the lathe, a live phone-cam shop tour, and a live collection tour by a member who makes illusions and props for magicians. Whew!

love to hear more from others starting down this road.

2. Jon Minerich

Jon Minerich

Location (City & State):
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    John,
    Good for you! Based on your comments, our club tested out Zoom yesterday. That worked great. Our first coffee and friends meeting will be in 2 weeks. It will include a show and tell session, and a tips and technique forum for members needing advice with current projects. I also got a note from the Magnolia Woodturners up in Jackson, MS who will be holding their first virtual meeting soon.
    You have inspired many of us to take the plunge. . .
    Thank you,
    Jon

3. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

Location (City & State):
    Brandon, MS
    @Jon Minerich when y'all get ready to do a website session let me know. WE could even do one on Zoom. If you want to learn more about Virtual meetings Join Lucid Woodturners. WE have been talking about them for months and recent events have really kicked things up. There are checklists in the documents section with step by step how to get things done , including a setup guide for Zoom.
    Call me

4. Jon Minerich

Jon Minerich

Location (City & State):
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    Gerald,
    Thank you. I will join the lucid group. Once I get to the point where I can speak somewhat intelligently about PC Express I would like to visit with you on Zoom.
    Jon