• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW Bylaws review committee formed

AAW President, Tom Wirsing, has set up a special committee to review and make suggested changes to the AAW Bylaws. The goal of the committee will be to work over the next couple of months and have a set of proposed changes put together that can be sent out to the membership with the December 2010 Journal. Tom Wirsing has appointed Ron Sardo and Dale Larson as Co-Chairs of the committee. The committee members come from across the United States and have a wide variety of backgrounds. They include David Walser, Rob Wallace, Jerry Robertson, Mark Mandell, Judy Kingery and David Moore. All are AAW members who have agreed to help out with this important task.

Do not post Bylaws change recommendations here, as committee members may or may not be monitoring the forum. If you wish to contact the committee, please email your ideas to this address.

Thanks guys, not an enviable assignment. But the assembled team looks up to the task.

Bylaw committee.

Yes, thanks for taking on this much needed effort. John, although you state that several attorneys are on the panel, I know that Jude Kingery can keep them in line. I am counting on her to monitor things for our membership.;)

R

Ron Sardo

I received two viruses today embedded in documents attached to emails sent to the Bylaws Committee.

I beleive it was unintentional.

While I have my computers well protected, I have set the filters on my email accounts to automatically delete emails with attachments.

Please send all suggestions as text in the body of the email.

Also, at this time we are only working on the bylaws. Suggestions for the Ethics Handbook will not be forwarded to the committee. Save these suggestions for the time when work has started on this handbook.

Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron, I hope you notified the senders so that they can get their machines cleaned.

Talked to my 'IT guy' after one of my machines crashed and burned last week, and he said that e-mail viruses were slowly slipping out of style with the hackers. The new "thing" is loading sites with malware and bot generators.

Back