• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

A Strong Suggestion For AAW Membership

The training materials on the AAW main site are really, really good. WELL worth the price of membership.

BUT! You can join free with a guest membership for 2 months, which will give you access to just about everything on the site, i.e., far more than even the training materials. I just joined with the guest membership and started going through the training materials, starting with safety. Yes, I wanted to jump right into skills, but I'm happy I went through the safety materials first, as I've already corrected a few things. You may think you've already heard it all - I thought I had - but there are things that are particular to the lathe that are different.

I have already decided to join with a full membership at the end of the 2-month guest period, a decision that was obvious after a single day's look around.

If you are posting for help in "Getting Started" and are not already an AAW member, I highly suggest trying it out. The URL is www.woodturner.org

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
The AAW are also quite good at promoting the hobby, both for those new to it, and for those with many years of experience or simply exploring the various aspects at the fringes.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
If you are a member of a local AAW affiliate chapter and have never been an AAW member then you qualify for a three month Affiliate membership which includes the following benefits:

Three (3) month Individual (Affiliate) membership offered for members of AAW chapters. We provide full access to all online content our publications American Woodturner, and Woodturning FUNdamentals as well as availability of demonstrator, maker and educator profiles on the AAW website.

Membership features:
  • Digital access to issues of American Woodturner and Woodturning FUNdamentals
  • Full online access to all published content, current and archived
  • AAW digital membership card
  • AAW enewsletters: AAW Tool Box (weekly), Keep Turning with AAW (bimonthly)
  • Public profile as a demonstrator plus image availability
  • Public profile as a maker plus image availability
If you are not a member of a local AAW chapter and have never been an AAW member then you qualify for a 60 day Guest membership which includes the following benefits:

Guest membership provides FREE sixty-day access to AAW resources and full online access to all published content, current and archived publications.

Membership features:
  • Full online access to all published content, current and archived
  • AAW enewsletters: AAW Tool Box (weekly), Keep Turning with AAW (bimonthly)

Back