• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2011 Symposium update

Host and alternate hotel booking info has been posted on the 2011 symposium page. This same info is available on page 8 of the December AW issue.

Online symposium registration will be available beginning 1 January, 2011.

Made my reservation on turkey day. Found out that most of the host hotel rooms were already booked. Going fast, and we're still 7 months out.

Glen,

Yes, they do book up early, but there are often cancellations - some just a day or two before the symposium. So even if the hotel is booked when you initially try to reserve a room, it pays to check back as the symposium date gets closer.

any chance for map posted of area around crowne plaza, the symposium area, resturants in the area

these pop-ups not what i am looking for, # for each place with street names, arrow pointing to river (mississippi looks sort of small up here)

my atlas with downtown st paul is helpful, but need more detail

thanks, that is what i was looking for

thanks Ed, i have a nephew working with google's street scene but travel so little that i forget to use it......seems plenty of subways around, i will have to see what subway has for breakfast here these days, seems they have been advertizing breakfast lately..... have to look at hotels offering also, richmonds breakfast was good, but hard on the budget.....lot of resturants around....
i wonder if they have signs on the climate-controlled skyway system, that thing looks like a maze but would keep you out of the traffic....that's a good thing

Last edited:
Question for Ed

Do you or does anyone know what the cost for each day will be?
I have not been able to find that information as of yet, might not be posted yet.:confused: I have had people asking me about how much a day would cost.

Glen,

Single day registration is $175 for members and $200 for non-members, according to the registration card found in the December issue of American Woodturner. Online registration will be available 1 January, as well as free youth registration info. Keep an eye on the 2011 symposium page for updates and details.

Back