• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

vm120

1. Raja Abusharr

Is VM120 too big for my lathe?

I use a Powermatic 2014 (14", 1HP, 200lb weight) and an Axminister SK100 Clubman chuck, both my first turning gear since beginning last summer. I have wanted a second chuck and concluded that a Vicmarc stepjaw kit give me good flexibility. So I have looked at the bare VM100 or the VM120 chucks...
  2. Larry Steinmetz

Vicmarc VM100 and VM120

For those of you that own and use both chucks, how do you tend to use them in your day-to-day bowl turning? It seems that most people (or at least a lot) seem to use the VM120 for everything whereas occasionally I'll read where someone tends to use the VM100 for as big of a bowl as they feel...
  3. L

WTB - VM120 chuck body, plus jaws

Looking for a VM120 chuck body, and some jaws. Already have the insert I need.
  4. Larry Steinmetz

Fors Sale: Vicmarc VM120 Chuck

Hello, i unfortunately purchased the wrong Vicmarc chuck several months ago. It would cost ~$60 to send back to Australia so I am going to sell it here. It is still in the box it came in as I am still setting up my shop and still have not even fired up my new lathe. I am asking $195 plus...
Back