• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

spindle

1. Mortar & Pestle

Mortar & Pestle

I made this project during an IRD to help me in the kitchen now that Fall is here, and I'll be spending more time creating my favorite dishes. The pestle is made from figured maple, and I'm not sure about the mortar, although it does have beautiful fiddleback and chatoyancy.
  2. John Torchick

New Vari Grind jig

Treated myself to an early birthday present. Had a birthday card from Woodcraft for 10% off. Bought some pen kits for some Christmas orders already. I have the Wolverine jig already. I saw the original Vari Grind Jig and put it in my basket. Now to continue on another thread, what is the best...
  3. N

11/16 spindle 14 TPI

Hello, I bought a cheap wood lathe to get started on some projects I have always wanted to do. It is a 14X40 lathe and I have turned bats, bowls, and turkey calls on it so far. I wanted to try my hand at pens next. My spindle seems to be a step down rather than a Morse taper. Pictures attached...
  4. J

Lathe Spindle Bearings Jet 1642

I recently needed to replace the spindle bearings in my Jet 1642 and as I looked for information I wasn't able to find much on replacing them and the details of the process. So I tackled the project and decided to make a YouTube video of the process. It's not a professional video, but maybe it...
  5. W

Lathes

Over the years I have had a simple Rockwell Lathe, an old Walker Turner ($100) a General, and now a VicMarc VL200 VS Long Bed. This in addition to my Huge Production CNC Lathe. My question to you all is: Q: "IF you were buying a new Lathe for Spindle work and some average Bowl work, what...
  6. Cherry Spindled Frame

Cherry Spindled Frame

I don't offend have a chance to turn spindles but my wife's beautiful counted cross-stitch needle work picture needed a frame. Its cherry approx. 17"x32". It was a fun change from bowl, vases, etc.
  7. SUPORTED FOOT SPINDLE

SUPORTED FOOT SPINDLE

This little machine does spin wool quit well. Made from scraps of an old mahogany door. All parts are friction fit so the machine can be taken apart for compact travel. It is about 19" hi and 13" long when set up for use.
Back