• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

scraper

1. Rex Wade

Bowl Scraper Recommendations

Hello everyone, I have been doing a lot of looking at bowl scrapers, specifically Inboard scraper (as Robert Sorby calls it). I have actually purchased the Robert Sorby Inboard Scraper (8008LH) from Klingspor for $89 which I thought was a good deal but turns out, it is on backorder until NEXT...
  2. Marty Purselley

Assorted Sorby tools and a teknatool foot tool

5 various Sorby tools and one teknatool foot tool as shown in the images. Used, but great shape. $170.00 shipped CONUS. purselley@gmail.com
  3. Gerald Lawrence

Found a tool

Found this scraper at an estate sale. The tip is brazed on and about and about an inch wide , slightly less than 3/8 thick. The cut back area from the tip is 4 inches long. Now my question is was this some sort of test or independent manufactured item.
  4. John Torchick

Making a bedan tool and scrapers?

Not sure if this is the correct forum section but here goes. Got three pieces of HSS a while back. Discovered them hiding on the top shelf in the shop. One is going to be a bedan tool. I was thinking the other two could be ground to RH and LH scrapers similar to those used for bowl interiors. I...
  5. Jamie Straw

Priority scraper shapes?

I have the scrapers listed below, am thinking I'd like to re-shape one or two for specific tasks. Will be turning small bowls, and lidded boxes. What will be the high-priority, most useful shapes I could have to start with? One that I'm interested in is shown briefly by Carl Jacobson in this...
  6. D

Sharpen back of bowl scraper?

I've been turning some bone dry cherry bowls that I turned green and set aside about 2 years ago. I'm getting an ungoddly amount of tearout and have been reading here for solutions. While my tool technique is not expert, I think I can pretty well hold my own as an intermediate/advanced turner...
Back