• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

salad bowl

1. 13" maple salad bowl

13" maple salad bowl

My latest commision... 13" maple salad bowl. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel - Maya Angelou" is burned around the rim.
  2. 13" maple salad bowl

13" maple salad bowl

My latest commision... 13" maple salad bowl. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel - Maya Angelou" is burned around the rim.
  3. Walnut Salad Bowl

Walnut Salad Bowl

Sawn in Aug 2020, rough turned in September, finished turned this April. Bee’s wing figure as the pith was below the bowl bottom. About 15 inches in diameter x 3 inches high. Finished with 6 coats of wipe-on poly.
  4. Steven Park

Salad Bowl Finish Technique

This is a noobie question so be gentle.... I made a bowl out of Jacaranda and sanded it down to 600, used bees was and danish oil for the finish. Yesterday used it for some potato salad and after giving it a quick rinse i noticed the grain came back up and its rough in some areas. Is there a...
  5. D

Red Oak Salad Bowl

Two questions- I have been asked to make a salad bowl out from green red oak. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it might not be a good idea. Red oak is pretty porous wood and I'm wondering if even after performing the normal wash with warm soapy water and dry immediately...
Back