• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

respirator

1. Glynn Cox

TRITON powered respirator improved air pump/battery for PRA001

SOLD This is a used Triton pump and charger for a PRA001 powered respirator (hood not included). The original NICAD batteries have been replaced with high capacity NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries (see photo). This will run a lot longer without recharging than you can stand at a lathe...
  2. D

Respirator question

Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my respirator (a little -- I'm not mentally prepared to drop the big bucks if the primary advantage is mostly comfort.) I have a basic 3M respirator with some old carbon filters, but I think I can probably do better. My main concern is turning away the mold that...
  3. MarkAndrews

Respirators

Before I begin my post, please know that I've spent the past 2 afternoons researching the web and reading many posts on this and other forums regarding both dust collections and respirators. My journey down this rabbit hole began when I read Bill Pentz's incredibly detailed description of how a...
  4. Alan Carter

JSP Powercap availablility

I've decided I need to get a powered face mask so I don't keep blowing tree trunks out of my nose and seriously messing up my lungs. I've tried out the Trend and Triton and neither seemed very comfortable. The JSP powercap looks like a good possibility but I can find sites only in the UK...
Back