• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

pod

1. Rob Wyatt

Sweetgum pods

We have a Sweetgum tree and every season it covers the front yard in prickly pods. This year I noticed they look a lot like the coronavirus so I collected a bunch and plan to cast and turn them. When they first fall they are hard, heavy and closed. These are all open, with large seed cavities...
  2. Amphora

Amphora

"Amphora" An abstracted amphora hollow form incorporating a Banksia Pod body with Padauk lid, collars and base.   Base:                          &nbsp...
  3. Fibonacci Sunburst

Fibonacci Sunburst

Segmented piece for my Fibonacci Series. 17"h x 18"d. Chakte Viga, Pao Amarillo, Bloodwood, Ebony and Curly Maple.
  4. Figured Pecan Weed Pots

Figured Pecan Weed Pots

This wood came from a tree we had to drop on our property - I have no idea what caused the crazy figure, but I like it. The largest is 2.5" tall.
  5. Chive seed vessel

Chive seed vessel

This piece was inspired by the chive flower seed pod. Hundreds of these pods make up the purple globe shaped chive flower. The wood is Ash. The size of this piece is 4.5" dia x 13.5" tall. The piece was turned green to 1" thick, allowed to dry for several months, carved and...
  6. Bleached Banksia Pod Ornament

Bleached Banksia Pod Ornament

hollowed bleached banksia pod & tulipwood
Back