• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

piercing

1. Sweet Gum Squiggle Variations Gallery lighting view

Sweet Gum Squiggle Variations Gallery lighting view

Six inches high by 5 inches diameter. I turned this sweetgum vessel in end-grain orientation to a thickness of roughly 3mm while it was green. My inspiration was a design on the box of a well known product and a comment in a video by P.J. Peery at TreelineUSA. P.J. mentions using the NSK...
  2. Sweet Gum Squiggle Variations Spotlight view

Sweet Gum Squiggle Variations Spotlight view

Six inches high by 5 inches diameter. I turned this sweetgum vessel in end-grain orientation to a thickness of roughly 3mm while it was green. My inspiration was a design on the box of a well known product and a comment in a video by P.J. Peery at TreelineUSA. P.J. mentions using the NSK...
  3. Scalloped Bowl

Scalloped Bowl

The outside scallops were created with a jig saw. All other shapes and piercings were done with power carving. The embellishment is fan brushing acrylic paint over black ink. Clear matt enamel final finish. The bottom engraving was by laser. 6 1/2" diameter, 2 1/2" tall.
  4. ...for the trees

...for the trees

It is often said that we can't see the forest for the trees. This piece celebrates the forest and the trees. Turned from a single piece of maple, this 2 walled form is 6" tall and 6" in diameter. It is pierced and carved to expose the trees a view of the forest...and one of it's residents. It is...
  5. Erosion Tea Pot

Erosion Tea Pot

Sycamore, hollowed and pierced. Pyrography and iron paint with rust activator.
  6. Erosion Tea Pot, (Lid off)

Erosion Tea Pot, (Lid off)

Sycamore, hollowed and pierced. Pyrography and iron paint with rust activator.
  7. reef fishbowl

reef fishbowl

Another pierced piece with a salt water airbrushed theme.
  8. Floral Piercing Box

Floral Piercing Box

This box is in mohogany , size about 15 cm , finish with danish oil
  9. Pine cone platter

Pine cone platter

15" x 1-1/4" Quarter sawn Sapele platter, embellished with pyrography and extensive piercing.
  10. Glynn Cox

NSK Presto high speed handpiece for piercing, carving or sculpting

SOLD The NSK Presto handpiece is the top of the line high speed air turbine for piercing or other wood, egg, gourd or stone sculpting. This handpiece has been professionally reconditioned to new condition with new German made ABEC9 quality ceramic lubeless bearings, O-rings, wave washer and...
  11. Glynn Cox

NSK Presto high speed handpiece piercing or carving

SOLD FOR SALE is one NSK Presto 350000 RPM handpiece. This is the preferred handpiece of both turners and carvers. The handpiece has been completely reconditioned with new German made high end GRW ceramic no lube bearings along with a new chuck, wave washer and 'O' rings. Chuck and nose...
  12. Equilibrium

Equilibrium

I thought I would try something a bit different for a change. This piece is made from sycamore felled by a neighbour a few weeks ago. I used the pieces I cut out of the white area to make the black area wiring it all together took ages but I think the end result is what I set out to achieve...
  13. Harmattan

Harmattan

Sycamore Pierced and ebonised. Approx 8 x 4 inches Named after a Saharan wind
  14. Comet close up

Comet close up

Here is another photo of Comet. It shows the detail a little better.
  15. Comet

Comet

Sycamore. Pierced, and pyrographed. Approx 13 inches in diameter.
  16. Pierced Egg Ornament

Pierced Egg Ornament

This pierced Egg ornament has walunt finials and measures 6" h x 1 3/4" w. Doing the egg piercing was the real challenge after trying to straighten up the blow holes in the ends from removing the egg inside. I have also tried dying some of these. You must not have used any...
  17. Fleur De Lei Ornament

Fleur De Lei Ornament

Egg Shaped Spalted Hackberry with Maple Finial and pierced Fleur De Lei pattern. 2" w x 6" h. The main part of this ornament was turned and hollowed like a box and then glued together. The glue line can be seen if you really look, but the spalting and piercing pattern cover it pretty...
  18. Red Series # 2

Red Series # 2

7" X 9" Maple bowl that has been dyed with a dark red Artisan dye. The top has a pierced ring. The lid is ebonized Maple and the inside has been ebonized and embellished with pyrography. Comments welcome.
  19. Valentines coming

Valentines coming

Actually this one is for our anniversary that was yesterday. Maple 6 diameter 1 and 1/4 bowl height and ebony finial 4 inches heigh. With 8 pierced hearts. painted with irridecent acrylics. As always comments welcome . Jeff Greenwood
  20. Shade

Shade

This pierced, painted, pyrographed piece is 6" high and 14 diameter elm. I received it from a turning friend who had gone through the bottom of it He knows I pierce so here it is so far and after 47 hours for the piercing alone. The colours are a mix of 3 each and with irridescent and...
Back