• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

new member intro

1. Pete Giulietti

Pete Giulietti

Hi everyone. I’m Pete and I live in Austin, TX. I got my first lathe a few months ago and I am hooked. My lathe is a Nova Comet 14 DR and I’m interested in turning bowls, boxes, hollow forms and the like. I’m not looking to join a local chapter for at least another month because I coach my...
  2. S

Scott Rothermel

I appreciate the opportunity to participate and learn with this group. I live in central florida and am quite new to turning. I use a 1920's Craftsman spindle lathe, with a few upgrades, and find turning to provide immediate feedback and to be a "zen" experience when my tool edge becomes one...
  3. D

Debra Higley-Feldman

I've been turning about 25 years (taught by a boyfriend [they have their uses]), but really immersed myself in it (and shavings) with retirement 1.5 years ago. Girls weren't allowed in shop in HS, so there are some gaps in my knowledge. I turn lamps, pepper grinders, bowls, lidded boxes, and...
  4. A

Aaron Dodini

Hi all, My name is Aaron. I'm very new to the turning world. I've thought about it for about the past 10 years and have just now been able to find the balance in life to begin doing something creative and centering. What better way to accomplish both than by turning! I've been borrowing a 50...
  5. Kathy F Jepsen

Kathy F Jepsen

I’m kat from penn valley ca. As it’s late I’ll make it short I’m headed out to Carson Nevada so I’ll be posting pictures soon. I look so forward to talking to all of you. I went to my first goldturners meeting. Reconnected with my dear friend Jim Brower and his friend Jack so kindly took me...
Back