• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

log

1. M

A Chunk of City provided Hard Maple

The city began removing a dying maple that was also rubbing a street light wire across the street from me this week. By yesterday they were getting closer to the trunk of the tree and by the afternoon the color started to show. I stepped over a mentioned I may want to talk them out of a piece...
  2. John Torchick

Safety issue with wood?

I'm still a novice or beginner with wood turning. I have built a bunch of pens but looking to take my skills up a notch. Our AAW chapter has a "Bring Back Box" which is given to a member by drawing their name. I got it. The box is about 6x6x6. We are to turn something that fits in the box and...
  3. John Torchick

Safety issue with wood?

I'm still a novice or beginner with wood turning. I have built a bunch of pens but looking to take my skills up a notch. Our AAW chapter has a "Bring Back Box" which is given to a member by drawing their name. I got it. The box is about 6x6x6. We are to turn something that fits in the box and...
Back