• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

key

1. John Torchick

Keeping the chuck key in sight!

A while back, I was getting ready to drill a piece on the lathe. Reaching for the switch, I noticed the key was still in the Jacobs chuck in the headstock. The key is black with Delta blue plastic coating- hard to notice. I realized even at the low speed, it could result in a nasty injury. My...
  2. D

missing chuck key

Trying to make the jump from spindle turning to maybe a bud vase or small dish. Found a used Oneway Talon, good deal, but the chuck key was missing. I figured it wouldn't be that hard to find one. I was wrong. Well- it was easy to find. But hard to pay for. $54 shipped for a new one...
  3. Thanks Ray

Thanks Ray

Thanks to Ray Key for teaching me how to make boxes. I took a seminar with Ray recently, what a great guy, and started making boxes for the first time, I think I'm doing ok thanks to Ray. African Blackwood with desert jasper cabochon. 2"d, 3"h lacquer and wax. All comments, tips...
Back