• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

hdpe

1. Larry Steinmetz

Silicone vs. HDPE Molds

Hello, I am curious if there is a preference for the silicone molds like PTownSubbie sells or the HDPE molds from Lizard Blanks? I notice that PT sells HDPE as well. Is it based on what you are casting or just a material preference? Thanks.
  2. J

HDPE and finish?

After some Internet research it looks like HDPE plastic is immune to any problems with a finish except for CA where some pen turners will stop after a few coats of CA to break the HDPE loose. I am making some HDPE "soft touches" for my live center and before I put too much time and faith in...
Back