• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

goblet

1. Soft Maple Off Center Goblet.

Soft Maple Off Center Goblet.

Turned LIVE on Saturday 2/3 and was given away to the top gifter! Dyed with GF water based blue, cup torched and carved and dyed again. Silver gilding wax on top, finished with krylon spray h20 based poly. About 4 inches tall.
  2. Purpleheart off center Goblet

Purpleheart off center Goblet

Stem turned 3 mm off center. 4x2 lego brick for scale.
  3. Walnut Off-Center Goblet

Walnut Off-Center Goblet

This was turned live on TikTok as a giveaway for our top gifter. Made from walnut. I am extremely surprised the walnut held together and didn't snap!
  4. Ash Goblet

Ash Goblet

This is a ash boleti about 8 inches tall and 3 inches wide and has a barley twist for the stem.
  5. Goblet on a Branch

Goblet on a Branch

This is a natural edge Goblet inspired by Terry Martin. It is made from Olive and is about 4 inches high by 4.5 inches in diameter. It was made in July 2022
  6. Goblet ?

Goblet ?

Having fun, learning, experimenting... Cherry with Cherry CompWood Lacquer and red acrylic 9.5"h x 4.75"w Bowl is 2.25"h x 1.75"w
  7. Pythagorean Cup (with siphon detail)

Pythagorean Cup (with siphon detail)

Pythagoras designed a special cup to teach his students about greed. The cup would hold wine…unless it was filled too high, in which case the wine would be siphoned out the bottom, draining the cup completely. His lesson: moderation begets equality, which begets justice. This cup's siphon was...
  8. Pythagorean Cup

Pythagorean Cup

Pythagoras designed a special cup to teach his students about greed. The cup would hold wine…unless it was filled too high, in which case the wine would be siphoned out the bottom, draining the cup completely. His lesson: moderation begets equality, which begets justice. This cup's siphon was...
  9. Elm Goblet

Elm Goblet

this goblet is about 8 inches tall and 2 inches wide at the cup, it is undercut a bit and it is hollowed with the easy wood tools pro hollower which I just got.
  10. Curly maple goblet

Curly maple goblet

Here is a thin stemmed curly maple goblet that was turned from a spare piece of wood about 2 inches wide and 6 inches tall.
  11. Maple Goblet

Maple Goblet

This is a Goblet made from a piece of Maple with a little bit of burl figure in it, the stem is a little bit thick and I am not sure about the shape, but the wood was a bit punky from some spalting so I didn't want to go to thin. It is about 5 inches tall and 2 inches wide.
  12. Captive Goblet

Captive Goblet

A twist on classic turning and carving forms. Cherry, 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 9 1/2".
  13. John Torchick

How to part off the base?

This is a "sort of" goblet that I have been sweating over for the last two days. Totally new to inletting or hollowing end grain or any grain, for that matter. Need to work on some of my interior technique as I left some tool marks. Posting a photo as how to part off part of the base on the...
  14. Cherry Tea Goblet

Cherry Tea Goblet

This is the design of a Deep form tea goblet made from domestic cherry.
  15. Wedding gift goblet

Wedding gift goblet

This was a project that has been in my head since the summer. The wedding was actually a couple days after Christmas so it was a late gift. I wanted to give it to the couple on their 1 month anniversary so I didn't have time to take a picture with my light box. The wood is maple and the...
  16. Boxelder Goblet

Boxelder Goblet

Dimensions: 3.625"h x 4.5"w less than .0625" wall thickness Another piece from my stash of Mulberry. This started as a bowl demo at one of July's turning meetings. When I got it home I continued working on it live on my webcam. My husband had been watching and came running down...
  17. Wedding Goblet

Wedding Goblet

This wedding goblet is made from a laminated piece of Bubinga and Beech. It is 7" tall and 2" in diameter. The rings were made by a friend in silver as close copies to the white gold ones that my son and his fiance will be using on the day. The finish is sanding sealer and then...
  18. Tall Flower Petals

Tall Flower Petals

I was lucky to have one of my Petal series critiqued at SWAT last year by three really great artists and one of the comments was that they wondered what it would look like larger and taller besides being more delicate. Well I decided to try one and am liking the added height and size, how about...
  19. Winter 2007 Contest

Winter 2007 Contest

"Dragons Breath" side view Measures 6.75"x1.5" at the rim. The dragon, made of Oregon Myrtlewood, was turned on 4 OC axis (no carving, not even between the horns). The upper stem was turned on 3 OC axis. The "flame" is White Mulberry dyed red. In the light...
  20. Winter 2007 Contest

Winter 2007 Contest

Multi axis goblet with ogee curve and bead. Goblet bowl and base are cherry, stem is maple. Size is 13" h x 2.5" d. Finish is spray lacquer; inside will be finished with something that will be wine proof! Many thanks to Barb Dill and her article, this was a fun project!
Back