• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

epoxy resin

1. Aaron Harris

Epoxy Finish for Shaving Bowls?

So as I've been making and posting a few of my shaving brushes, I'm starting to get some interest in complete shaving sets. In fact, I got an order this morning for a full set in walnut with brush, straight razor and bowl from one of my coworkers as we were getting ready to announce the names...
  2. Pear Bowl.

Pear Bowl.

Pear bowl. Textured. Finished with acrylic copper metallic paint, copper accent wax, white acrylic paint and epoxy resin. Five inches diameter, 3 inches height
  3. Urn

Urn

Maple urn finished with water-based dye and epoxy resin. Six-inches Diameter, 4 inches height.
  4. R

Pinecone sphere in epoxy resin

Today I show you how I made an epoxy resin sphere. It's basically trapped pine cones inside of the epoxy, formed so it has a small stand. After it all hardened, I sanded it down to 500 grit. Afterwards i used my own sanding paste for the finish. View: https://youtu.be/1oyWYSTc6jo I would be...
Back