• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

coring

1. Michael Anderson

Oneway Easy Core system

Hi everyone! I’ve been wanting to buy a coring system for a while, and I’m finally in a position to do so. If anyone has an Easy Core system sitting around collecting dust and would like to get it out of their shop, let me know and we can negotiate a price. I need a 24” base set for my lathe. I...
  2. R

Coring on the G0800 with the Max 3

I just wanted to take a minute to give some kudos to WoodCut tools, out of New Zealand for their coring rig, the Bowlsaver Max 3. I've had this coring setup nearly two years, and have used it on about a dozen or so pieces that I thought were worth the effort to core. This past week, I got a load...
  3. Nick Carruthers

Brunton Angle Finder jig for the McNaughton Center Saver

Hello all! A few months ago, I got the McNaughton Center Saver coring jig used off of eBay. It was advertised as "used only a few times," presumably because it is difficult to set up. While searching YouTube, I came across Gavin Brunton's channel. He designed a spreadsheet to calculate and a...
  4. David Payant

McNaughton coring set

Complete McNaughton coring set with 4 standard size knives. $150 shipping extra. Located in Marquette, Michigan 49855. email or call and leave message for dave payant: payantdavid@gmail.com, or (906) 226-8890 voice mail.
  5. C

Mcnaughton Center saver users

Here I go again trying to pick your brains. I have tried a couple dozen cores now with my mcnaughton, I only have 1 lampshade thankfully but I'm not getting the angles right. my cores are coming out uneven and almost always thinner at the bottom 1/4 of the bowl with some getting so thin that I...
Back