• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

cbn

1. hockenbery

My journey to CBN wheels

I have been using CBN wheels for about 5 years. I remember chatting with @Bill Boehme at swat while he was in line to chat with Ken Rizzo about a CBN wheel he wanted to buy. I was non CBN convert back then for a lot of reasons- my ceramic wheels did a great job, I was really good a dressing...
  2. Kent Crowell

WTB speed grinder for class

WTB Jet 8 in. Wood Working Bench Grinder with Norton Wheels or similar with a jig and maybe CBN wheels for a YWCA youth and adult classes held in Lubbock Texas. See our classes at https://www.southplainswoodturners.org/youth-education.html kcrowell56@gmail.com
  3. John Torchick

Grinder wheels?

I have a Rikon grinder with the standard wheels. Might have some extra $$$$ later this year and need some input on the CBN wheels. Appreciate your experience and recommendations.
  4. Glynn Cox

8" CBN grinding wheel

SOLD For sale is one high quality 8" 180 grit CBN wheel made by Optigrind in Austria. This wheel is steel, not aluminum or plastic like many of the others offered. The wheel has been lightly used and features a 1.5" width with CBN on one side. The wheel has a 1" bore and includes a 5/8" ID...
  5. Glynn Cox

Optigrind CBN wheel 8"x 1.5" 170/200 grit steel

FOR SALE is a lightly used Optigrind 8" steel CBN grinding wheel. The wheel is 1.5" wide with abrasive on the face and one side. No corner radius. The wheel was made in Austria, not China, and includes a machined bushing for the standard 5/8" motor shaft. I am only selling it because I...
  6. Jim McLain

D-way CBN Wheels

I have two 7 inch radius edge D-Way 180 Grit CBN Wheels with 5/8 inch bushings for sale. They are in very good shape with one receiving a little more use than the other. The two wheels sold for close to $400 new. I will let them go for $100 each with bushing plus shipping or $150 for the...
  7. R

Grinder Trouble

First, my apologies if this has been covered earlier; I've looked and can't find the answer to my question. Is there a problem using a 1/2 horse (5.0 amp) grinder with two CBN wheels? My grinder (a Craftsman, variable speed, 8", with 5/8" arbors) is less than a year old. It really groans when...
Back