• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

carob

1. Tray

Tray

Tray 6"x1" in spalted carob with turquoise inlay.
  2. Vase

Vase

Unknown spalted wood, 5 1/2" H, 5" D, maybe carob wood??
  3. Carob vessel

Carob vessel

7" Carob vessel with lacquer finish
  4. Carob Bowl

Carob Bowl

8.5 x 3 inch Carob bowl with a Satin finish and a textured band.
  5. Carob Hollow Vessel

Carob Hollow Vessel

Carob Hollow Vessel 4 1/2"h x 5 1/2"w Lacquer finish
  6. Carob hollow vessel

Carob hollow vessel

This is the largest hollow piece I have done so far. It's 15" D (381mm) x 9.25" H (234.95mm). This a carob crotch, dry and hard! It took me eight hours to hollow and another eight to sand and finish. I had to sharpen my cutting bit every minute or so because it was so hard. The...
  7. alternate view of Fat Curly Carob

alternate view of Fat Curly Carob

8. more Carob

more Carob

More curly carob. 7.5 d x 5.25 h
  9. Fat Curly Carob

Fat Curly Carob

This piece is 10 inches tall and 8 inches in diameter. I had some professional photos shot of some of these pieces.
  10. More Curly Carob pieces

More Curly Carob pieces

More Curly Carob pieces. The shallow bowl is 12" in diameter. The larger piece on the left is 10" inches tall. I have never seen another carob tree with this figure. This wood has been very popular in the galleries.
  11. Curly Carob with Ebony collar

Curly Carob with Ebony collar

This Carob tree was awesome. I have never seen another like it. It had this amazing figure throughout the whole tree.
  12. Curly Carob with Ebony collar

Curly Carob with Ebony collar

This whole tree had a nice fiddle back type curl. This piece of wood came from my sister's front yard.
  13. Carob Lidded Box - open

Carob Lidded Box - open

Carob sqaure round snaplid box - open 3" x 2"
  14. Square Round Box

Square Round Box

Carob Lidded Box 3" x 2"
Back