• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

bowls

1. Pecan salad bowl

Pecan salad bowl

17" x 7" Spalted Pecan Salad bowl
  2. Very Large Cypress Salad Bowl

Very Large Cypress Salad Bowl

17-1/2" x 6-1/2" Cypress Bowl; These very large Cypress bowls sell well because they are so light and easy to handle.
  3. Massive Cypress Salad Bowl

Massive Cypress Salad Bowl

17-1/2 x 7- 1/2" Cypress Salad Bowl
  4. Blossoms

Blossoms

This is my latest piece. "Blossoms" made from Sycamore, pierced, pyrography, painted and finished with satin lacquer. 140mm x 75mm
  5. Cloud Series

Cloud Series

I had this block of wood sitting in my basement for around 25 years, after moving a coupon of years ago I finally cut into it and this is what came out.
  6. J

Turning Bowls

Another Newbie just trying to learn the ropes. So I bought a used 10 X 18 Harbor Freight Lathe from a guy that said he only had it a few years and only turned Pens and Bottle Stoppers. I spent the 1st. month turning spindle projects just getting the feel of the tools. After making handles for...
  7. Walnut & Maple segmented

Walnut & Maple segmented

8. A Trio of Footed Bowls

A Trio of Footed Bowls

Cherry bowls cored from the same blank with a walnut foot.
  9. John Torchick

Air brush set

Got a basic airbrush kit and 10 ft. hose, complements of the wife. We ordered several things from Amazon and the set was on my list but wasn't going to order it. Just a wish list. However, she said to order it. I always do what she tell me. There was a turner who had PMed me about his basic...
  10. J

Jonathan Lingo

Hello AAW, My name is Jonathan Lingo, I'm a professional wood turner living in North Mississippi. I picked up wood turning years ago, had to put it up for a while. My wife and I have been selling stuff in the Memphis and surrounding area for 3 years. I currently work on birdhouse ornaments...
  11. W

In Search of Turners near me

Anyone on here that I do not already know? I'm in Troy, PA 16947
  12. W

How to market our turnings

So, after leaving the Production turning world, I now need to find markets for hand turned one of a kind Treenware. Suggestions on how you price your work too would be helpful. Any Ideas on how to start marketing these one of a kind products? I would really like some country gift shops...
  13. Red Maple  Nested Set

Red Maple Nested Set

Red Maple Nested Set of 5 bowls. The largest bowl is 17 3/4"W x 7 1/8"H. The log was recycled from the city' tree dump.
  14. Iwa bottom

Iwa bottom

Iwa Wood: Tasmanian Blackwood (NZ grown) Diameter: 370mm (14-1/2") I started this piece at Participation (put on by South Auckland Woodturners Guild) in September and finally finished it today. The leaves are about 2-3mm thick and the bowl is 10mm so the piece is very light. I had...
  15. Toru III

Toru III

Toru III Wood: Black Maire Size: 280mm (11") Height: 90mm (3 3/4") Finish: Haarlem oil then polished with eee This piece is very similar to Toru II but no colour on the natural wood surface this time. I wanted the Maire to show all is colour. The texture is done with...
  16. Leafy Bowl

Leafy Bowl

Leafy Bowl (got to come up with a better name than that!!!!!) Wood: Black Maire Daim: 320mm (12 1/2") Height: 55mm (2 1/4") I don't do many bowls and haven't done one this shape for a few years but I wanted to do a piece using the same texturing technique as my releaf series...
  17. Wish Bowls 2

Wish Bowls 2

These small "Wish Bowls" are each decorated with a variety of techniques. Each bowl holds 3 spheres to make a wish upon. Decorated with pyrography. 3"-4" wide.
  18. Two Honey Locust Vessels 1

Two Honey Locust Vessels 1

The vessel on the left is 7.5" w x 6" t and the other is 6" w x 85" t. Both are finished with Danish oil and buffed with white diamond and carnauba wax.
  19. Releaf 4

Releaf 4

Releaf 4 Wood: Rewarewa Length: 390mm (15-3/8") Height: 100mm (4") This piece of Rewarewa was a little bug eaten so I thought it would be a good piece for my next releaf piece. I turned it out of an oblong block this time and removed the back legs to give it a more realistic...
Back