• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

anchorseal

1. Nick Valenza

Swamp Maple Tree Hit by lighting last night

A co-worker of mine had a swamp maple tree hit by lightning last night. He offered to let me have the trunk/larger branches. It had three main trunks split a few feet off the ground. Two of them split and fell to the ground. No damage, none hurt. I read in a book recently that the proper...
  2. Larry Steinmetz

Storing Wood Until You Can Make Bowl Blanks

Hello, I am a new woodturner (just introduced myself in the "Introductions" forum) and have a question about what to do with downed trees or wood from tree services if you don't have time to immediately make bowl blanks. I have read many forum posts about either making bowl blanks or rough...
Back