• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

ambrosia

1. Urn - Ambrosia Maple with Mesquite Lid

Urn - Ambrosia Maple with Mesquite Lid

Featured Article in the December Issue of the American Woodturner. A commemorative Urn for a Special Friend
  2. Silver Maple Burl Bowl #1227

Silver Maple Burl Bowl #1227

Silver Maple Burl Bowl, log recycled from Roxborough Street, Toronto. Very High Figure with Ambrosia & Bark Inclusion. I sealed about 40 ambrosia holes in this bowl Dimensions: 13 3/4"W x 6 3/4"H
  3. Silver Maple Burl Bowl #1228

Silver Maple Burl Bowl #1228

Silver Maple Burl Bowl from Roxborough Street,Toronto. Dimensions 10 3/4"W x 5"H Ambrosia figure with holes, filled in with dark maple wood-dust. Also filled-in and sealed the inclusion near the top.
  4. Mirage

Mirage

This hollow form vase is turned from end grain, fiddle back, ambrosia maple. It measures 4.5 inches by 8.5 inches. It is finished with aniline dyes and spray lacquer. All comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.
  5. Mirage

Mirage

This hollow form vase is turned from end grain, fiddle back, ambrosia maple. It measures 4.5 inches by 8.5 inches. It is finished with aniline dyes and spray lacquer. All comments and critiques are welcomed and appreciated.
  6. Spalted Ambrosia Maple

Spalted Ambrosia Maple

Small little dish. 5 x 2 1/4 Just a piece I found lying around.
  7. Beaded Ambrosia

Beaded Ambrosia

This bowl to me looks like it's dressed up, and wearing jewlery. It has verigated gold leaf which in real life, sort of complimented the maple's grain, and the bead work is on the inside and outside. It's about 3/32" thick, and about 7" tall
  8. Ambrosia Maple Salad Bowl

Ambrosia Maple Salad Bowl

This is a beautiful piece of Ambrosia Maple. I have tried uploading a larger photo than in the past to see if it will give more detail. Shape was aimed at those who like to toss their Caesar's Salad
Back