• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Is 'AR Liberty' still in business??

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Does anyone know if AR Liberty (Little Rock, Arkansas), manufacturer of lathe steady rests, is still in business? We're trying to find out the current cost of their 16", 4-wheel steady rest....and if they are even still being made....

When trying to access their web site (www.ar-liberty.com), I get an error message that "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" and to try back later.... Google searches for alternative paths to the company come up empty.

Not being able to access the web site, is there a telephone number available for this company?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

Rob

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Apparently they have a very low budget ISP that significantly limits the amount of data that they can transfer. Sorry I can't help with the question as I have not heard of them before you mentioned the name.

Rob, Rick and Awilda are friends of mine here in Rogers, AR, and I will try to get them in touch with you.

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Thanks Kurt!

We have an example here of one of their center steadies, and some of our members are interested to learn if they are still available.

Much appreciated!

Rob

Back