• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Wow

Anyone know what happened to the WOW website? I get a screen saying the domain name has expired.
Richard

peculiar and odd

Anyone know what happened to the WOW website? I get a screen saying the domain name has expired.
Richard

Richard,

Most peculiar and odd, I had the same thing happen, just started a day ago. My link brings me to the domain available page, the link in this thread works fine.

I wonder about hackers at play, a chainsaw sight has been battling them for weeks. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean "they" aren't out to get me!

Hu

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Many years ago somebody invited me to join WOW. The interesting thing is that we had a MyFamily site and was always getting redirected there rather than to the WOW site. I never did figure out what was going on so I never made it to WOW.

I got the same message yesterday and it is still there Lets hope someone can sort it sounds like it is not only one member effected .:confused: Just checked the link it works then saved it to Favorites but even that doesn't work

Ian

Last edited:
Interesting

When I tried my link I put in my favorites yesterday and used several times it didn't work this morning. Typing in myfamily.com I had a page come up with two myfamily.com options, go to the original or a new myfamily.com. The original does look like myfamily.com but I went away.

Bill,

I had a lot of aggravation getting into WoW to begin with too. Kinda gave up and then went back and it worked fine. The basic software is for family networking and a bit funky even for that. There is an option to go to another site inside the myfamily group which you could probably use to get to WoW when myfamily automatically sends you to your family site. It takes some effort to get past the contrariness of the software sometimes but once in WoW it is well worth the effort. Some overlap with AAW, you'll see a lot of old friends, but there is enough different both places that I would be unhappy to lose either. I am going to recommend waiting a few days before tinkering with WoW right now though, something flaky and I don't have a clue what.

A quick edit: After typing this post I tried my link again and it worked fine. However I notice there is a little green leaf next to the site name now, seems like they did some software upgrade at myfamily.com and that explains the issues, . . . maybe!

Hu

Last edited:

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Bill,

I had a lot of aggravation getting into WoW to begin with too. Kinda gave up and then went back and it worked fine. The basic software is for family networking and a bit funky even for that. There is an option to go to another site inside the myfamily group which you could probably use to get to WoW when myfamily automatically sends you to your family site. It takes some effort to get past the contrariness of the software sometimes but once in WoW it is well worth the effort. Some overlap with AAW, you'll see a lot of old friends, but there is enough different both places that I would be unhappy to lose either. I am going to recommend waiting a few days before tinkering with WoW right now though, something flaky and I don't have a clue what.

Thanks for the information, Hu. We no longer have the Boehme family site on MyFamily.com. We let it lapse a few years ago when it seems that everybody didn't have as much time to spend online as they were busy with their immediate families, work, out of work, illness, famine, pestilence, plagues, and whatnot.

The person who invited me to WOW passed away a few years ago so I don't suppose that I would be able to check with him again -- not for a while anyway.

Herm is onto it and will have it sorted soon I Googled it then saved it in favorites now it works as my family, by the postings on the site it looks like most have found different ways to get in .

Ian

Website
www.kellydunnwoodturner.com
Papa Herm is trying to decide if he even wants to keep the thewows.com domain as the site works just fine logging into myfamily.
For those that dont know, Herman DeVries is the founder and godfather so to speak of a great woodturning family called, world of woodturners. Or Wow. Its so addictive folks call themselves Wowies. There are wow swaps at pretty much all the symposiums now. Great fun.
I also have more than one myfamily site I go to. If one comes up I dont want to log into I just type in the one I want. Hit remember me and from then on Just my first initial in the typing space brings up the other site I want to get into.

The link was not responding at all. Immediately came up as inactive. Had that problem before with IE and switched to Chrome. Didn't try Chrome this morning. Safari on iPad behaved exactly the same as IE.

Back