• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

tailstock center extension

anybody know if somebody makes a tailstock center extension?

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
tailstock extension

I have the one from Craft Supply. From the face of the tailstock spindle to the face of the extension is 4 1/4 inches. When using be sure to clean both the inside of the spindle and the taper of the extension EVERY time you use it. Also, depending on the lathe you may get some runout if the tailstock spindle is cranked out to near max.

thanks, i looked in cs, did not see it, relooked and there it is

thanks again and i did note to clean with reaming before and after, good idea

Back