• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodcraft Slow Speed Grinders

For those of you out there who have purchased slow speed grinders from Woodcraft recently and have been waiting patiently while they continue to move the backorder date back a week at a time on you, I talked to them today and received some very helpful information.

I was told that they have received a large shipment of the grinders but their engineering department is not happy with the quality and is not willing to release them to customers.

While I was a little disappointed to hear this and also to not be any closer to getting my new grinder I need, I was grateful that they were so honest about this.

I ended up going elsewhere to get a grinder (bought the delta variable speed off of amazon instead).

But I wanted to post this in case anyone else was in the same boat. It doesn't look like this issue is close to getting resolved anytime soon.

I also wanted to commend Woodcraft on this issue for being honest with me. After all, it doesn't appear to me that this is their fault .

There had been several posts in other forums about poor QA/QC problems with the grinders, and the company got some major complaints. Its good they held back filling the orders, better to loose a sale but not the customer.
I to went the PC route. Its OK, not a baldor, but hey, its like a 100 buck motor not a 400 dollar one.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I talked with the owner of our local woodcraft store. He said Woodcraft is taking this grinder thing very seriously and trying to weed out the bad Quality control problem. Says a lot about the company.

Back