• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Congratulations to John Lucas....

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Thanks- Just discovered that after getting back home from all my errands. Had a productive morning and this caps it off.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
You can't really see it in the image that John posted here on the AAW gallery, but he posted a close up on the Wood Online forum that depicts the details in the third generation cuts and really shows how spectacular the work looks when examined up close. While this one is amazing, my favorite is one that he made from a piece of burl. It could probably also be used as a back scratcher (John says that in Tennessee things need to have practical real world applications -- and scratching is about as real world as things can get).

Congratulations, John! I have to say, when I have read your many posts over the years that refer to the mirrors you specialize in, I had trouble grasping how these could be special. Now I know. All of the ones you posted are spectacular. Great work and the recognition is much deserved.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Thanks Dean. I do have some that are more special or unique than these and I'm working on some more. Keep your eyes peeled.

Back