• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

JT Turning Tools

Website
www.ravenview.com
I have been trying to contact JT Turning tools for the past few weeks but have yet to receive a reply.

I contacted them on August 20th and received a reply on August 21st from Tom Steyer saying that they will be out of the office attending a symposium until August 28th and to contact them again at that time.

Since then I have sent several emails and called a couple of times but still no reply or answer.

Is any one aware of any problems, etc.?

Thanks.

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
May be on a vacation following RMWT Symposium?

Ted:

If memory serves, JT Turning Tools was a scheduled vendor at the Rocky Mountain Woodturning Symposium held this past weekend (7-9 September) in Loveland, Colorado. He also was at SWAT and may have been involved with details and last-minute "stuff" involving product and transport to both of these nearly back-to-back symposia. It may also be that Tom took a few days to enjoy the scenery while he was in Colorado (I certainly would!) and might not be able to follow up on messages, etc. until he returns to Omaha. He gives great customer service, so this may just be a scheduling thing.

Rob Wallace

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
There are some other vendors who have the same problem of being in two places at the same time. While at SWAT, I talked to Bruce at the Sanding Glove about a particular tip for the Multi-Star live center and he said to give him about ten days because they had some other venues to attend before returning home so that he could check his warehouse.

Im not trying to but into this thread but could the same be said for Pen State Industries as i have sent 4 emails from thier adds over the last 6 weeks and have had no reply.:confused:

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
Im not trying to but into this thread but could the same be said for Pen State Industries as i have sent 4 emails from thier adds over the last 6 weeks and have had no reply.:confused:

Ian:

I may be wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about Penn State Industries having a booth at a woodturning symposium. (I assume all of their sales is via catalog/on-line.) Past comments about them on internet forums have included mixed reviews about customer service. You probably should keep trying.... If it were me, I would pick-up the telephone as though I were placing an order. They may be very bad about responding to e-mails, but will probably reply to a human voice, particularly one who has cash in their pocket.

Rob

JT tools was at the Rocky Mountain Woodturning Symposium this past weekend. It was another fun and great event this year. I would not be surprised if he hung around a bit since it has been gorgeous weather and the colors are starting to change in the hills.

Dale

You guys will just have to get in line and wait. :D
I got my vac pump a couple days ago and now I'm waiting for the rest, it should be here soon. :cool:

Send a letter with a requested return receipt. Someone will have to sign for the letter in order to take delivery.

Ted I made a purchase from Tom while in Waco for SWAT, it took him quite a while to fill my order as he said, the orders kept coming in during the time he was out of the shop, therefore he wound up short in material.
As for the making contact with him, I had no problems, he replyed to all of my emails. Could be he just overloaded himself for a short period.

A friend called them, they really are working on the website. They brought it up for a little while for her

Back