• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Canadian aerosol CA accelerator source

I've been using accelerator from Lee Valley that has a pump atomizer, but I am not happy with its performance. All of the stateside suppliers that I have contacted are hesitant to ship their aerosol accelerators to Canada because they generally dont make it through customs. Can anyone suggest a Canadian source for this stuff?

accelerator

Greg- I use lysol disinfectant spray as a accelerator. Try it on a "scrap" area first to see if you like it. Jim

One of our club members owns an automotive paint store and IIRC, has stated he is equipped to custom produce spray cans of paints and other liquids sold in non-aerosol form. Perhaps there's a similar option in your vicinity.

Thanks for the tips. Jim, how did you figure out that lysol worked as an accelerator?

accelerator

Greg- I'm not that smart to figure it out. I saw it on one of the forums. Didn't have lysol, but had wal-mart brand of disinfection on hand and tried that. Worked for me. Good luck Jim

Back