• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Speaking of Sharpening . . .

Sent in the renewal on my membership almost as soon as I got it.

Got my new ID card today along with the RED [Caution Orange?] WARNING card about how dangerous this hobby is [which got "raves" from mate] but

No sharpening CD as promised :eek:

So what gives, guys? Do we have a continuing problem in the Fulfilment Dept?

I thought it was supposed to be mailed with the Resource Directory this coming spring. Otherwise I should have gotten mine ages ago - I renewed for two years last time.

Brian Hahn said:
I thought it was supposed to be mailed with the Resource Directory this coming spring. Otherwise I should have gotten mine ages ago - I renewed for two years last time.

Oh.

Well that would explain why the Directory didn't show up either :D

Website
www.woodturner.org
Hang on guys. I'll find out. Mary Lacer already told me, but it was over a month ago. Overall this should be a very well received feature. I'll post a summary of when and how the CDs will be sent out. AND I'll probably post it on the homepage as well....to reduce phonecalls to the office, etc.

It's possible that all the CDs targeted for people with last names starting with "M" are sent via Tibet first.

I didn't even show Theresa the orange card. Whenever she hears a loud clang or a big bump she checks out the garage. (must be from the garage next door) Since I often turn real big pieces she always seems impressed that I come in from the garage with all appendages and digits attached.

Jeff Jilg said:
It's possible that all the CDs targeted for people with last names starting with "M" are sent via Tibet first.

Oh Goodie! If they also ran them through the Chinese radioactive waste dump, mine might be the glow-in-the-dark, easy-to-find-in-a-power-failure model! :cool:

[Of course, at the speed of the mail and given rates of radioactive decay, there might not be much glow left by the time it arrives
:( ]

M ;)

Website
www.woodturner.org
I couldn't resist !

Here is the info you guys were looking for.

The sharpening CD will be sent with the directory when it is mailed the beginning of April. The title is - Woodturning: Fundamentals of Sharpening Featuring Bonnie Klein, John Jordan, Bill Johnston & Alan Lacer.

The video has a short synopsis on the Video Product Order page. The shortcut to that video is here

I'll probably post this same info on the homepage so the home office in St.Paul doesn't get a phonecall deluge.

really speaking of sharpening...

How does one sharpen the kelton hollowing tools. I've read, and followed, the instructions but my standard half round scraper is sharper inside the vase than the Kelton tools. I'll be forced to to buy a Sorby MultiTool if I can't improve the keltons. (my Hollowmaster works great but won't getdeep enough into this vase.)

I could use some advice here...:)

Back