• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New Nova DVR-XP lathes?

I have heard that Teknatool will be releasing a new version of their DVR 3000 lathe sometime this fall. The only mention that I could find via Google was from Sorby's website which states it will be introduced by Sorby at a woodshow in mid October:

http://www.robert-sorby.co.uk/bulletin_board.htm

I was planning to buy the DVR 3000 at Woodcraft, but now I wonder if waiting for the DVR XP is worthwhile. How does it compare to the DVR 3000?

Any news?

The biggest difference I see from Poolewood's page is the preset speeds. On the DVR you can only change speed by holding down the up/down buttons. Takes longer than turning a dial or pressing a button to go directly to the speed you want. And it sounds like they have improved the low-speed torque.

Graeme

Back