• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

where to vote on bylaws?

I click on links proivided and still cant seem to find it - today is supposed to be the last day. Anyone direct me?

Thanks

Robert

Morning Robert,

Click on the main AAW website.
Click on the "Members Area" tab which will take you to a login screen. You will need your Membership Number and password. If you have not previously registered on-line, read the FAQ's below the login box and follow the directions. You can also contact the AAW office, toll-free at (877) 595-9094 for help.

Thanks for taking the time to vote on this very important issue.

Once you have logged in, you'll see a radio button in the box on the left side of the screen to go to the on-line voting screen.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark

Stuart is right - I did login and the button is gone.

It said voting thru today (which in my book means today as well)

Thanks Mark

I'm an I.T. director for a living so I understnad your pain

Robert

Not MY pain, but I just found out why. Seems that so many members were logging on to vote that the server (or some such) went down.

Will check in from time-to-time today to try to catch any repeats.

Heavy voting is great for the members and the voting system if it gets more members involved.

PS: Turns out to be a date glitch in the program rather than a server being overloaded. Maybe the first info was wishful thinking.

Last edited:

John Van Domelen

Retired Forum Admin
I just now approved a couple of user registrations.
I will check throughout the day and try and catch any stragglers, so as to make the board discussions visible to them if they wish to view them before voting. (this is something I normally do once a day or every other day on the weekends)

Thank you for taking care of it

Actually, thanks to Ed Davidson and Linda Ferber for fixing it. :)

Thanks, I guess :rolleyes:, to all those members voting who, albeit unintentionally, "created" the problem. I'm hoping we get better at this new fangled voting thing.

The image of Scotty speaking into the mouse comes to mind.:D

Back