• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Okay! so what did Santa Bring?

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I got a GPS so I can find some of you. Or maybe it was just because I'm a man and won't ask directions.

choices

Because of Christmas generosity of my wife & 2 grown sons, I now have a lot of choices...........I think it will end up being an articulated hollowing system, and several other things turning related..........like another SN2 chuck and I just got the inline skate wheels to make a steady rest! :)

not bad 'eh?

AlanZ

Resident Techno Geek
My bride received a JoolTool setup. I received a Nikon D7000 which will replace my 4 year old D80.

First thing I did with the new camera is photograph her JoolTool, her 8" grinder, and my Bader III belt grinder. Just wanted to make sure the camera was 'sharp' <s>

Attachments

• jooltool1.jpg
    jooltool1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 70
  • grinder1.jpg
    grinder1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 70
  • nova_sharp_2.jpg
    nova_sharp_2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 68
I got to spend time with the grandkids, and my daughter. I also got the Kel McNaughton system. I'm building my own 60" bed extension.
Happy Holidays to all.
Jim

I got a GPS so I can find some of you. Or maybe it was just because I'm a man and won't ask directions.

I note that when men have a gadget they'll use it, like won't ask for directions but will ask the GPS, or won't talk to the spouse, but will if he can flip out a gadget!!!!!! Happy New Year all you men, and to a few of us women.:D
Gretch

I Got

I got an all expense trip to the 25th anniversary symposium. Air Fare and hotel and symposium.:D:D:D

A set of Jimmy Clewes DVDs (Turning the World) and the New Masters of Woodturning. Both are quite excellent.

I recieved some Lee Valley gift cards, I bought some wave disks and some tools for flatwork. I can comfortably say I am all set for woodturning.

New Robust Lathe

I received my new, fully loaded, 25" Robust American Beauty lathe about 5 or 6 weeks ago. My wife said it is my Christmas present (for this and a few more Christmases to come).

Don Geiger

got my son and his wife home for the holidays,

a new computer, so I can get out of the stone age,

and giftcards to woodcraft and craft supplies.

and a couple of nice burl blocks

IAN

Three more "honey do" projects because I bought her some home improvement stuff she's been clamoring for. One and a half done, when all are perhaps she'll gift me with some turning time.

Oh yes, a snow blower for the tractor so I fear no drift.

Got myself a plane ride out to see my folks. They are in their 80's and I have to visit every chance I get.
Have a Happy and Safe New Years

I got my first scroll chuck! Now if I only knew what to do about all this oil....

John L., N45 40.188 W111 02.543 Come any time, we'll leave the light on.

Dean Center

Got to spend our first Christmas with our grandson ( 7 yrs). He and I went fishing with his new big boy pole and grandpa's new pole. Caught 14 trout and it doesn't get any better than that.

Back