• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Who's going to SWAT (in Waco) this weekend?

I'm seriously thinking about going up on Friday afternoon and coming home on Sunday morning. Really depends on how much work I have to do for a big thing on Monday.

Too many chores at home but there are always too many chores .. .so maybe I'll attend.

I've never been but have wanted to go for years

Is it worth it to go just for part of the time? Any AAW forum members going be in attendance?

Robert

Well Worth It

Robert, I'm going to drive down on Friday to see the instant gallery, talk to a couple friends, visit the vendor area and there was something else. Oh yeah, there is probably a new Robust American Beauty in my future:)

Robert, I'm going to drive down on Friday to see the instant gallery, talk to a couple friends, visit the vendor area and there was something else. Oh yeah, there is probably a new Robust American Beauty in my future:)

Nice little detail you almost forgot at the end .. LOL THat should be a great lathe ... wow!

First visit to SWAT!

Robert, IMHO, SWAT is well worth attending. I am going to be there. Great Instant Gallery and lot's of good demo's this time too. You will not be disappointed. :)

Website
www.thompsonlathetools.com
Made it without a hitch... the display will be sold at a 25% discount so I won't have to drag it home. You'll get to see my entire display that was packed in a suitcase... I really hope the tools arrived.

Waco and SWAT in the same sentence does not seem to sound right.

That was ATF :) not Swat

Well booked my hotel guess Im going (Friday afternoon thru Sunday) - now to figure out what to see while I there and how much money to bring for toys :)

thanks all

Robert

SWAT Ended a few hours ago

I just finished helping Brent English pack up his trailer with the Robust stuff. I came up from Florida to assist him in the booth, as he recently signed me up as a dealer. I learned a awful lot.

My new American Beauty, with all the fixins, will be delivered in early November. I can hardly wait.

Brent is heading to Colorado to deliver a brand new Robust American Beauty to David Nitmann (David is in his Toyota station wagon salivating all over himself while following Brent).

SWAT was better than ever. There were over 700 attendees. It has to be one of the best run symposiums I've ever attended. It is well organized and runs very smoothly.

Don Geiger

Last edited by a moderator:
Website
www.tobinhillturning.com
Don,

It was great meeting you and every one else. People were so incredibly friendly. It was a great experience for me. Don is correct it was a wonderfully run event. I don't think anyone could ask any better. Great demonstrations and a fabulous instant gallery. To me the quality of the pieces in the instant gallery were quite inspiring. The vendors also did a great job.

Alan

John Van Domelen

Retired Forum Admin
SWAT was awesome.

SWAT was awesome.

Good demo's, good friends. good food, good times.

And a bargain that is only made possible by the SWAT OPS team and the legion of volunteers that make it happen.

I was supposed to be one of the regional demonstrators, and had to cancel due to an unexpected career change. I thought about everone there all weekend. I am very pleased to hear it was better than ever! Thanks, John, for the update, and my apologies to the 3 or 4 folks who may have been looking forward to my demo. Hope everyone had a good time!
Kurt:)

It was nice to meet you too.

Hi Alan:
It was nice to meet you too. Events such as this bring turners from all walks of life together. I always meet the most interesting people at symposiums.

Sincerely,
Don Geiger

Don,

It was great meeting you and every one else. People were so incredibly friendly. It was a great experience for me. Don is correct it was a wonderfully run event. I don't think anyone could ask any better. Great demonstrations and a fabulous instant gallery. To me the quality of the pieces in the instant gallery were quite inspiring. The vendors also did a great job.

Alan

Back