• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Do you remember...

R

Ron Sardo

Do you remember when woodturning was fun and woodturners where the friendliest people in the world.

Word just got back to me that mag is planning another assault on AAW after 8/28.

I am truly sadden by this.

????

Seems like pro AAW members demand names when the shoe is on the other foot. Specifically, who did you hear about MAG from. Otherwise all it is is unsubstantiated rumors.

R

Ron Sardo

Jamie D

the original MAG members agreed to the BOD settlement terms that criticism of the current BOD would cease until the Aug. 28th date. This has given all of us some breathing room, and time to reflect on the next issues at hand.

Buddy Riley
I haven't forgotten it Jamie, just bidding my time,

Dick Wilson
If I might, I would like to make a suggestion to MAG. Keep your powder dry. Quitely go about increasing supporters among AAW members. Sadly I see this whole mess continuing for a long time. Keep a close eye on the AAW forums for any member who posts a sensible post and gets slammed by the dolts of superority. Invite them to speak the mind at MAG like I was. I have learned more about our AAW "leadership" in one day here that several months of posts on the AAW forums. Your support base will grow. People will tire of the arrogance and "we are the chosen ones" attitude of the people currently ocuppying the board and their forum supporters.

MAG assault

Newa to me Ron, let me know your source. I think I know where that is comming from, but will you be more "open" with your knowledge??

Yep

That is exactly what I said. I would't change a word of it. I was and will continue to express my opinions, suggestions, etc. on a forum that is open to expressing my views. As for being a member of an upcoming post 9/28 cabal, you are extremely paranoid. Stop drinking the Kool Aid :D

Ron Sardo used Jamie D's comment below to accuse MAG of launching another assault.

Jamie D

Quote:
the original MAG members agreed to the BOD settlement terms that criticism of the current BOD would cease until the Aug. 28th date. This has given all of us some breathing room, and time to reflect on the next issues at hand.

Would Ron Sardo rather have the original MAG members gagged forever. Kind of makes ya wonder what he would be happiest seeing.

So much for moving forward when all he (Ron Sardo) gets out of Jamie's post is a threat to launch another assault. There's a lot of ways Jamie's post could have been taken.

Curtis

I believe this is a bunch of useless junk information placed on this forum
by Ron just to create another hear say rumor.
If there is any truth to this, and I mean any truth.
Give this forum the information, or just shut it down. And let it go.
Where are the moderators when this kind of crap starts to flow?

R

Ron Sardo

Let me say this, I truly hope I am wrong and hope I did not fall into the wrong conclusions.

We shall see.

You started another bad post.
This is not how we will move forward.
It seams you have no proof to offer to anyone.
This is not how being transparent works.
Bunk,Bunk,Bunk

This will be the first post I have made.......

...since previously being banned here for 30 days for what a moderator described as a "supposition without fact basis," and this post by Sardo exceeds that by a mile! There is no factual basis for his interpretation of my comment made on the MAG site, and his inability to include himself in every discussion has tainted his objectivity. Since this subject has no factual basis, I don't know why it should be discussed as having any credibility, which in fact it does not.

Last edited:
You started another bad post.
This is not how we will move forward.
It seams you have no proof to offer to anyone.
This is not how being transparent works.
Bunk,Bunk,Bunk

James, you can go read it for yourself, or not. Here is the link, be sure to read to the bottom of the page. http://memberactiongroup.com/advguestbook/index.php

The bad mouthing on that forum has been almost non-stop. Has Ron overreacted? Reasonable people can differ on that one, but I tend to agree with him. I am, after all, entitled to my opinion just as you have yours. In any event time will tell, right?

Interesting how things seem to twist and turn right in front of our eyes. Less that 24 hours ago, I charged to the defense of a member of the team who have been putting in long hours trying to get the kinks out of the AAW By-Laws and give members more rights, more control, and a greater expectation that the AAW will be more responsive to them than ever before. Charged to his defense, mind you, only to now find out the he, himself, appears to have created the situation. Hardly, "bunk", sir.

I took on a job. I knew full well that it would be largely thankless, if not a set up for snipers and various others whose only actual contribution would be the word "no." I will complete what I took on, that's how I do things. But it'll very likely be the last thing I do for this group.

And that, sir, ain't no bunk at all.

Do you remember when woodturning was fun and woodturners where the friendliest people in the world.

Word just got back to me that mag is planning another assault on AAW after 8/28.

Do you remember when woodturning was fun, (still is for me) and the woodturners on this forum, (well most of them), where the friendliest people in the world?

Word just got back to me that an AAW Communistic Rebel Underground Gorilla Group called "Skew the World" is planing to attack MAG after 8/28.
Sharpen up yer tools boys.
What is this all coming to? Maybe Ron has the inside info.:rolleyes:

Guys - here's an example of the evidence you've asked for:

Whoever runs the MAG website has been remiss in removing the MAG's proxy solicitation - this link to the MAG proxy is still active, as of 6:25MST today, August 24 - over two weeks after the "bury the hatchet" agreement was signed: http://memberactiongroup.com/id2.html

I’ve spoken to Malcolm Tibbetts and Mel Turcanik about this kind of thing adding fuel to the fires of suspicion and mistrust, going back two weeks now, yet it remains on the site. I personally don’t think that there’s anything to it – probably just a little laziness on the part of the MAG website guy. But, having this on the MAG site is not a good thing.

...since previously being banned here for 30 days for what a moderator described as a "supposition without fact basis," and this post by Sardo exceeds that by a mile! There is no factual basis for his interpretation of my comment made on the MAG site, and his inability to include himself in every discussion has tainted his objectivity. Since this subject has no factual basis, I don't know why it should be discussed as having any credibility, which in fact it does not.

It's great what you and all the others are doing. This post by Ron is uncalled for. Maybe I'm the only one who has been irritated by it, or the only one to speak up. This is my right.
I am PRO AAW. And I am PRO TRUTH.
If Jamie was banned for the reasons stated, then Ron should be banned for doing the same thing. But I don't see that happening.

Welcome back Jamie

OK Ed- now you're fanning the .....

...flames, as the meeting has been cancelled, proxy duel called off, and the MAG proxies returned by the accounting firm. The MAG webmaster has been MIA about closing that link for sure, but why bring up a dead issue like this as having any validity in a discussion?

Last edited:
Ed, is it OK to continue with the supporter list on the AAW site, and also the letter from David Ellsworth. If some were to read this letter, it might appear that the battle is still on.
Maybe it's time to get rid of both of these sites.

...flames, as the meeting has been cancelled, proxy dual called off, and the MAG proxies returned by the accounting firm. The MAG webmaster has been MIA about closing that link for sure, but why bring up a dead issue like this as having any validity in a discussion?

Jamie - back for a day and already spinning my words into something completely the opposite of what was said.

Ed, is it OK to continue with the supporter list on the AAW site, and also the letter from David Ellsworth. If some were to read this letter, it might appear that the battle is still on.
Maybe it's time to get rid of both of these sites.

James, that's a very good point - why don't you get in touch with that site's webmaster and suggest it be taken down too...

James, that's a very good point - why don't you get in touch with that site's webmaster and suggest it be taken down too...

At the bottom of the Support the AAW site it has this.

© 2010 American Association of Woodturners

You have nothing to do with it? I don't see a web master. How would you get in touch with that person without a name on the site.?

Guys - here's an example of the evidence you've asked for:

- this link to the MAG proxy is still active, as of 6:25MST today, August 24 - over two weeks after the "bury the hatchet" agreement was signed:

Ed, I don't find any links on the MAG group's site: http://memberactiongroup.com/

The proxy page as you posted might still be there but unless you make a search using some skills required to be a webmaster it is not immediately evident. So yes your post is evidence. Evidence that you are into full time baiting.

Ed, I don't find any links on the MAG group's site: http://memberactiongroup.com/

The proxy page as you posted might still be there but unless you make a search using some skills required to be a webmaster it is not immediately evident. So yes your post is evidence. Evidence that you are into full time baiting.

Okay Stuart, here's what you do. Go to the Mag home page, then click on the guestbook radio button in the upper right. That takes you to a redirection page where, 3 or four buttons to the left of the right hand "contacts" button in the upper right you will see a button named "VOTE!". Click that (before you get transferred to the forum) and it takes you to the proxy which is presently unchanged from the height of the proxy fight.

You have nothing to do with it? I don't see a web master. How would you get in touch with that person without a name on the site.?

This is very old news - I have nothing to do with that site.

Mark, you are correct. I go to the guest book several times a day and have never looked at the links. It's good to see you and Ed are looking out for MAG. Hopefully the proxy wouldn't still be valid if someone did fill it out and mail it in. Sorry Ed.

Mark, you are correct. I go to the guest book several times a day and have never looked at the links. It's good to see you and Ed are looking out for MAG. Hopefully the proxy wouldn't still be valid if someone did fill it out and mail it in. Sorry Ed.

Stuart, thanks - like I said earlier, I personally didn't think that there was anything to it.

Not looking out for MAG, Stuart, but looking. Were I the attack dog some on that site seem to think, I would most certainly have been pounding some table about the lack of responsiveness while the Board took down it's proxy right away.

I'm sure they'll get tuit (round or otherwise) ;)

If you say so Ed. Did I miss something in some previous threads?. I can't check on it because there's nothing to read anymore.:( You didn't answer the how do I find out who the web master is. Remember I'm not a "Master" like you are.

Fanning the flames

Ron, that is exactly what you did by starting this post. By citing various posts by others on the MAG guest book site and coupling with Jamies post you have over reached. All Jamie said is MAG members agreed to refrain from any critisim of the AAW BoD members through Aug. 28....period period period.
Why you chose to strech that comment to mean something other than what it said, is a mystery to me. The members of MAG also agreed among themselves to engage in certain other restraints in difference to the hope the agreed settlement would result in the lowering of mistrust, which it seems, you find difficult. MAG, at this time poses no threat to AAW BoD, its individual members or any volunteer. So relax, you have nothing to fear---at the moment.
Regards, Royce

R

Ron Sardo

Ron, that is exactly what you did by starting this post. By citing various posts by others on the MAG guest book site and coupling with Jamies post you have over reached. All Jamie said is MAG members agreed to refrain from any critisim of the AAW BoD members through Aug. 28....period period period.
Why you chose to strech that comment to mean something other than what it said, is a mystery to me. The members of MAG also agreed among themselves to engage in certain other restraints in difference to the hope the agreed settlement would result in the lowering of mistrust, which it seems, you find difficult. MAG, at this time poses no threat to AAW BoD, its individual members or any volunteer. So relax, you have nothing to fear---at the moment.
Regards, Royce

Royce,
For the record, are you saying that all the leaders of mag will not retaliate in anyway, they will not try to remove by force any of the existing directors and they will not try to discredit myself and other members of the bylaws committee?

Also, are you saying that the leaders of mag will talk to those on mag's website and ask them to refrain from the type of dialogue that is evident on that site and to abide to everything in the above paragraph?

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Ron,
The recent history has been a lesson.

About 3,000 of our AAW were energized by the Mag.
Leaders of the Mag thought they represented majority of AAW members.

The Mag had a major effect. It certainly got the re-write of the by-laws off the back burner. Larry Summers told the board the by-laws needed a major revision in 2007. Like any change it need the sense of ugency the Mag provided.

Reading the Mag site posts is something everyone should do.
These posts represent the Mag members in a brighter light than they can show on this forum.

-Al

Getting Things Done

It should be noted here for those few truly interested, that since last evening's conversation, the MAG website has removed its proxy form "vote" link.

Not necessarily a big thing, probably a very small thing, but a positive thing nonetheless and worth noting.

Ron,
The recent history has been a lesson.

Reading the Mag site posts is something everyone should do.
These posts represent the Mag members in a brighter light than they can show on this forum.

-Al
Thank you Al.

I am really neither MAG nor pro BOD, I am for getting this mess behind AAW and moving on with an AAW that keeps all members on the same level. Reading with an open mind the MAG site will clear up some opinions that are being suppressed on this site.

if you want

to quote me Ron, that is fine. In bidding my time I have put all criticism of the BOD aside and am awaiting the outcome of the by-laws committee to bring about something new and better than what is there now. I am not fanning the flames such as you do with your incessant picking of other's posts. I would like nothing better than to get back to the days of exchanging information that is valuable to woodturners, but if you think others have fanned some flames, pal I can light yours up, but I am trying to be quite civil and understanding and allow each and every person the same right I hope you would offer me, to my own opinion of the things that have transpired. To the moderators; I do not believe I have offended anyone or crossed a line, I am trying to put a positive note on it all. Ya'll have a nice day now, ya hear!

Website
turnedoutfantastic.home.att.net
Also, are you saying that the leaders of mag will talk to those on mag's website and ask them to refrain from the type of dialogue that is evident on that site and to abide to everything in the above paragraph?

Ron, I have tried to stay out of this whole mess and remain impartial, but your post is quite frankly infuriating. You ask for peace and healing in one message, and in another, you are almost emphatic about censoring posts on a private website. You are a member of the by-laws revision committee - how much power do you really think you have? To bring it down to your level, what I'm seeing here is akin to a child in a playground pointing to another child and crying "he called me a poopyhead". Is this really how you want to be perceived?

I would have thought that you of all people, working on the by-laws revision, would be going out of your way to promote healing from the recent disruptions in the AAW. I would also have thought that you would have more than enough on your plate to keep you from having even a remote interest in searching for and, dare I say, fabricating subversive statements on another website. To me, that is exactly what you have done - what anyone does when they take statements out of context as you have.

This whole mess has disgusted and saddened me and my great hope was that between the settlement between Mary and the BOD, and the formation of a by-laws revision committee, that positive action was being taken to heal the wounds of the past months and put us back on the track of friendship and sharing that has existed for so long in the AAW. Your statements in this thread are extremely disappointing and if I were you, I would be very ashamed. You are indeed continuing to fan the flames.

Given how things have gone on the forum over the last two months, I, too, find it very surprising that not only has this thread not been closed, but Ron not banned.

Pam Reilly #24457

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Ron Sardo

Thank you for that Pam

What do you think about the first paragraph?

Website
turnedoutfantastic.home.att.net
Ron,

I think you're reading way too much into things and looking for conspiracies where they don't exist. I'm not an insider of either camp and can only garner an opinion from the information available, and I'm not seeing what you're inferring from all of this.

If I'm proved wrong, you'll have my apology.

Pam Reilly #24457

Cool it

Ron, you must be insecure. Perhaps you should be, I really don't know. What the future holds, I equally don't know. Given past history, one must wonder about that. Conduct yourself as a gentleman and refrain from indulging in suspicious speculation which can only keep the pot boiling. What MAG may do in the future depends upon future developments, I suspose--wait and see, then comment if you must.

Forum Decorum

It is is logical to assume that those entrusted with Forum management and By-laws Committee responsibilities are ready for "prime time". Flexing one's authority muscles, nit-picking the comments of others, digging up the past, worrying about what is on the MAG site, and in general engaging in "my old man can whip your old man" arguments are decidedly "low time". Even insinuating, provocative, or otherwise unprofessional comments can be answered responsibly.

As my old boss used to say -" don't let the other guy drag you onto his mat, he will beat the #%!! out of you!"

We all need to lighten up.

Jerry

Back