• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Had a good time at

Turn-on-Chicago
I was only able to attend Sunday, as I had an art festival on Saturday

Wonderful Instant Gallery

Got to watch demonstrations by David Nittmann, Jimmy clewes, and Dick Sing
Always have to watch Dick when I see him.

Spent a little money and had some good conversations with the venders
Chatted with Jason Swanson, We had him demonstrate for us earlier this year at Central Illinois Woodturners. Wonderful person and a great demonstrator.

Talked a bit with Craig Jackson, and some of the home made roughers out there. I know a guy who makes them(he does not sell them), he also owns one of Craigs and says that they can't be beat. I think this guy just likes to make tools and jigs more than turning.

Guess I am babbling
Oh well I sure did enjoy being there

Jerry

For a second there, I thought I had missed you. Couldn't have seen how that would have happened, then I read the Sunday only. I was there Friday and Sat. and agree about it being a good show. I only wished that they had more suppliers. Love shopping about as much as turning. I was able to cash in more than 6 years of gift certificates at Craft Supplies. They now only allow 2certificates of the new style, but no limit on those old ones. Turned in $105 for a couple of texturing tools. Almost like getting free stuff!

Website
www.thewoodspinnershoppe.com
Yep, It was great! All of the demonstrators did an excellent job. Unfortunately I did not get into the Friday night session with Johannes Michelsen. I learned a lot!
These folks did a great job of putting this on! I was also impressed by their auction Saturday night (total of about $13K for education) which was outstanding.
I agree that the instant gallery was outstanding.

Cheers,

Website
ronandlana.com
Turn on Chicago

This was my first symposium and I loved it. As a newbee to turning I enjoyed the demonstrations. The exchange of information was wonderful. The people of the Chicago Woodturners did a great job and I know I will repeat this trip

I to would have liked to seen more vendors. I think we are all impressed with tools.
:D

Back