• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Forum Admin Announcement

I want to thank everyone who volunteered to help us out in moderating the forum. And our search has ended – please welcome John Van Domelen as our new forum mod and administrator. Steve Worcester will be transitioning the technical keys to the kingdom to John over the coming days. In the mean time, trusty Kurt Bird will continue to mind the shop and assist you with any forum issues that come up.

Ames, Iowa (about 25 miles north of Des Moines)
Website
rwallace.public.iastate.edu
John:

Thanks for your willingness to serve the AAW and on-line participants by moderating the Forum.

Rob

ditto all, John

Congrats

Sucker ha ha !
:cool2:
Good luck and thanks for stepping up, BIG shoes to fill. and I do hope Steve will still answer our woodturning questions.

John, I was just looking at your work - nice.

I lived in Galveston for many years in the late 70's and 80's, and remember the live oaks everywhere, now tragically killed by the saltwater inundation.
Awful. Some of those suckers were huge too. I was happy to see you honor some of that material in your work.
What a terrible mess that storm was. I still have friends in the area and maintain some contact with them.

Oh, and welcome to the circus. ;)

Thanks for having the courage John.

John, I applaud your desire to fill some BIG SHOES. Hopefully, Steve will be there to give you some guidance from time to time. Kurt, don't kill my post for using large scripted lettering, but those SHOES WERE BIG. Hang in there John. Congratulations.:)

Thank you

Thank you for taking on this huge job. Hopefully, your appointment will also be part of the healing process. Steve and the other forum volunteers did their best to keep it civil which makes healing possible. In your posts you have been reasonable and have expressed the greatest concern for AAW and it's members, not any particular individuals or offices. That's what democracy is about. Best of luck going forward.

Mel Turcanik #7743

Back