• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

July prize winners announced

Names of six lucky AAW members have been drawn from the hat, and will receive some really great prizes from our generous supporters - click here for details, and stay tuned for next month's drawing.

I think George and I were both operating under the assumption that posting on the forum increased your chances of winning. Is that not the case?

Sorry Dave (and George) . . . you'll have to sign up for, say, 100 memberships each to significantly increase your chances at winning a prize . . . but if that's in your budget, go for it and good luck!

Just to gloat a bit . . . I was in northern Saskatchewan for the past ten days at Emma Lake artist collaborative, the title of which was "Unplugged." No electricity for noisy woodworking machinery, no music (except for acoustical guitars), no internet connection and no cell phone connection. What a joy! I carved a sculpture out of yellow cedar, made a book, and helped with filling a boat with "A's." Playful fun with a bunch of woodturners, blacksmiths, weavers, musicians, and poets. I can highly recommend a break such as this.

Betty Scarpino, AW editor, relaxed and refreshed

Sorry Dave (and George) . . . you'll have to sign up for, say, 100 memberships each to significantly increase your chances at winning a prize . . . but if that's in your budget, go for it and good luck!

Just to gloat a bit . . . I was in northern Saskatchewan for the past ten days at Emma Lake artist collaborative, the title of which was "Unplugged." No electricity for noisy woodworking machinery, no music (except for acoustical guitars), no internet connection and no cell phone connection. What a joy! I carved a sculpture out of yellow cedar, made a book, and helped with filling a boat with "A's." Playful fun with a bunch of woodturners, blacksmiths, weavers, musicians, and poets. I can highly recommend a break such as this.

Betty Scarpino, AW editor, relaxed and refreshed

Well, I'm jealous. But then, you certainly deserve it for the great journals you've been putting out.

You going to SWAT this year? You still owe me a lunch you know. Bet you forgot huh?:D

Ed

lunch??

Ed,

Ah . . . yes, lunch? Remind me :confused: I have no doubt you're right, though . . . can I pay up without being there? I'm not planning on attending SWAT this year, maybe next year, though. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there two years ago (or was it three years ago?).

Thank you for the kind words about the journal, much appreciated.

Betty Scarpino, editor, AW

Back