• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

The generosity of woodturners

Last night I received a large package and I was stumped because I had not ordered anything. Inside, I discovered a nice handwritten but unsigned card from an attendee at my demo in Hartford who enjoyed it so much that they wanted to upgrade me from my trusty Dremel. The remainder of the box was filled by a brand new NSK power carver, paid in full and shipped with no record of the purchaser. The store is doing the honorable thing and keeping this person's identity a secret. On chance that this might be seen by my very generous donor, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am constantly amazed at the friendliness and generosity of woodturners. It is a true pleasure to work in a field where we are able to do what we like and make a difference in the lives of others. This person is only one of many people who have been and will be an important part of my career and my life.

To me, the most important things I have made as a turner are friendships.To my new friend, I thank you and hope to one day thank you in person.

good things

Good things still happen, to good people :cool2:

Congratulations!

I am constantly amazed at the generosity of woodturners. Have been since the first time I traded quips with them and got shoved in the Vortex.

That is great Ed
Thanks for sharing

Woodturners are the most generous art/craft people that I have ever met,
Always giving away their knowledge, tools and, great looking wood.
They can't hide a thing, always telling people how they arrived at the design of their turned projects.

Most talkitive, sharing, generous, kind, and did I mention talkitive, they will stop in the middle of turning to explain how they are holding the tool, and applying it to the wood.

I could go on & on, but I better stop talking. People will think that I am a woodturner.

Jerry
www.jerryrhoadswoodturning.com

Back