• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW threads moved

Movement of threads

Steve - Just curious as to the logic. Are they being moved to put them in the proper bushel basket or are they being moved to put them under a bushel basket?

You do a great job administering the forum, and know there is a logical answer.

Jerry

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Steve - Just curious as to the logic. Are they being moved to put them in the proper bushel basket or are they being moved to put them under a bushel basket?

Jerry

I know I'm asking for trouble, but I'm thinking "yes."

AlanZ

Resident Techno Geek
The AAW Info section is readable by everyone, regardless of forum or AAW membership.

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com

Jerry

They are being put in the proper basket
AAW specific questions and comments go in the forum titled as such.

I don't have a broom big enough to push this under a basket or a big enough basket for that matter.

We have been very open in leaving all posts up and open (and continue to do so) and for the record, I have not had contact from anyone on the board either, accusing myself or Kurt of being co-conspirators is an offense that will result in a ban and frankly grossly violates the policy of uncivil behavior.

Whether anyone likes it or not, there are still a lot of folks out there that want to get info on woodturning.

Last edited:
Website
turnedbygeorge.com
George, I know I'm asking for trouble, but that is the most childish and immature comment I think you have made.
LOL
I have typed 15 or so responses, trying to lower the bar...
None of them do it. :confused:

Website
www.tahoeturner.com
As a key player is this whole dispute, I’d like to once again applaud Steve and Ed for being so tolerant and for allowing the Mary Lacer situation to be discussed for as long as it was on the Main Page. The discussion goes on and it’s not hidden (maybe just a little more difficult for the casual visitor to stumble upon) and it’s probably where it should have been all along.

I would also like to add my words of caution… It’s very difficult to criticize an action without getting personal towards those that caused the action. It’s also difficult sometimes to not get personal with those that express an opposing viewpoint. Avoiding personal attacks is sometimes difficult especially when people feel so passionate about a subject; at least I find it sometimes difficult to refrain from saying what I really want to say. I’ll say it once more, “sometimes good people make bad decisionsâ€. Let’s try to focus on the decision and perhaps the decision-making process while at the same time, showing respect for our fellow members.

Moderators

Thanks, Steve. I think George's comment was out of line. I think this discussion has more organization now. I have been gone for a week, and 2 weeks before that and it took me a week in between to get caught up. Now I am way behind. Steve and Kurt are doing great jobs moderating. People have ranted, raved, praised, and vented. This forum is doing what I;d like it to do, except I am anxious to get back to "bench" turning info !! Gretch

Website
turnedbygeorge.com
Thanks, Steve. I think George's comment was out of line. I think this discussion has more organization now. I have been gone for a week, and 2 weeks before that and it took me a week in between to get caught up. Now I am way behind. Steve and Kurt are doing great jobs moderating. People have ranted, raved, praised, and vented. This forum is doing what I;d like it to do, except I am anxious to get back to "bench" turning info !! Gretch

My comments on this thread WERE out of line, I apologize.

Back