• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Vega model 24 users out there?

Hope everyone is having a happy holiday.

I am resuscitating a Vega model 24 bowl lathe. Are there any users of the same out there with hints or tips on using it?

Thanks very much,
Jim Lee

Website
www.mainebowls.com
Vega 24

That was my third lathe, used it for a year and really liked it, especially for its low 0+ speed (the best ever for sanding!). If you're just doing bowls, you should really enjoy it. I bolted mine to my concrete cellar floor and was glad I did.

Your recusitation should be well worth it.

My hint would be to have a table or shelf nearby to put the tailstock on. It's got some weight, as you know.

Back