• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

posting again

thank you guys for answers.. inspite of saying nothing has changed . it IT HAS CHANGED FOR ME.. I never HAD TO MANUALLY LOG IN to post.. if so i would have forgotten this site existed..something has changed for me!

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I guess some computers are different. I haven't had to change a thing about how I log in, post or anything else. Hope you don't have any trouble from now on.

R

Ron Sardo

I haven't had to log in here in over 2 years.

The problem must be on your end.

Website
www.ralphandellen.us
Robert
I will just about bet that something has either hosed your registry or cookies.

One option would be to do a "clean install" of your web browser, or install a completely different one.

R

Ron Sardo

Try deleting your cookies and clearing your cache, then rebooting your system before reinstalling your browser software.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Gretch I have that problem with the Wood online forum. At work I always have to log in, at home never.

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
thank you guys for answers.. inspite of saying nothing has changed . it IT HAS CHANGED FOR ME.. I never HAD TO MANUALLY LOG IN to post.. if so i would have forgotten this site existed..something has changed for me!

The settings that have changed are on your computer and not anything to do with the AAW web site. You are especially likely to encounter problems if browser updates or patches have been installed and this is especially true for Internet Explorer version 8. IE8 came out a couple months ago and, if your computer is set up like most, updates from Microsoft are installed automatically. Two very recent IE8 updates have been especially problematic -- one was a security patch and the other was an update to version 8. I use Firefox and try to avoid IE unless absolutely necessary because it always seems to have some sort of problem. In my case, IE was basically non-functional after the last two patches. Microsoft is aware of the problem, but at this point has no fix. I fixed the problem by reverting back to a more stable version and also avoiding use of IE.

Last edited:
Int Explorer 8

The settings that have changed are on your computer and not anything to do with the AAW web site. You are especially likely to encounter problems if browser updates or patches have been installed and this is especially true for Internet Explorer version 8. IE8 came out a couple months ago and, if your computer is set up like most, updates from Microsoft are installed automatically. Two very recent IE8 updates have been especially problematic -- one was a security patch and the other was an update to version 8. I use Firefox and try to avoid IE unless absolutely necessary because it always seems to have some sort of problem. In my case, IE was basically non-functional after the last two patches. Microsoft is aware of the problem, but at this point has no fix. I fixed the problem by reverting back to a more stable version and also avoiding use of IE.

Just the other night computer was asking me again to update. I went thru part of the setup, and it concerned int exp 8. I use firefox so I just didn't complete the update. Glad I didn't! In a previous program involving pictures, all of a sudden I couldn't perform the activities as in the past. My son-in-law helped me out. I said this wasn't how I did it before and his answer was "probably automatic updates". So I try to avoid.
Confused as usual about computers,I need to be about 50 years younger, Gretch

Mine is set to notify me (with repeated annoying notifications) when updates are available, but NOT install them. I only install updates when I have time to try to sort out whatever they are going to screw up. As someone's signature line says, if it ain't broke keep fixing it until it is.

Robert,

If you have used software such as McAfee or Symantec, I think it's possible that you may have run a system cleanup (or system maintenance) function. When I occasionally run it (I use McAfee) it usually removes the saved logins I have for various forums. I have to log in again, making sure that I have checked the Remember Me box before hitting enter.

Hope this helps.

Just the other night computer was asking me again to update. I went thru part of the setup, and it concerned int exp 8. I use firefox so I just didn't complete the update. Glad I didn't! In a previous program involving pictures, all of a sudden I couldn't perform the activities as in the past. My son-in-law helped me out. I said this wasn't how I did it before and his answer was "probably automatic updates". So I try to avoid.
Confused as usual about computers,I need to be about 50 years younger, Gretch

you and me, gretch!

Back