• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

What's with the number of views?

Recently, maybe within the past week, the number of views on each new thread has been extremely low -- like the number of posts plus one. I know that ain't right. So what's happened?

Boehme, You are right. I just checked by viewing this thread and then refreshiong the screen which should have increased the count but it didn't. :confused:

I betcha that it is set as the number of computers that have viewed it not the number of times it has been viewed. So if you view it 70 times it will only be counted once!!!

I'm not sure it is the computers being counted. There were 50 something people viewing the forum a minute ago. Surely most of these 50 have opened up some threads. but it doesn't appear they are counted unless the reply to thread

Back