• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Hallamshire Tools

Website
www.vinceswoodnwonders.com
Hello,

Recently Oneway manufacturing has come out with a line of tools they are marketing as "Hallamshire Tools
A Wide range of high quality HSS turning tools at an amazing price!"
Has anyone used these tools? Oneway products seem to be top notch but I have not heard any feed back concerning these tools. Thanks in advance, Vince

PN tools

What about the PN tools now available from Craft Supplies? Any users out there yet?

I have used the bowl gouge from P&N. I bought a metal handle to hold the gouge. Now it is about the only gouge I use. Seems to wear about the same as anyother gouge. I like the weight of the metal handle and the gouge. Seems to dampen out some of the vibration. I even bought a spare gouge for when I wear out the first one I bought. You can about buy two P&N gouges for the price of one Sorby gouge.
Hugh

Website
www.splintershop.com
I've used the P&N bowl gouge and parting tools for a couple of years, and find them very good. The gouge is mounted in a steel handle and gives good control. The tool maintains an edge very well, but I still make the usual frequent trips to the wheel.
Comnparable in quality to other high-end tools.

Tool Brands

Don't known about the new Oneway gouges and will check them out but do highly recommend the P & N for the price, durability and quality. I have all three P & N bowl gouges and the large skew. Fantastic tools. I buy from Lee Valley - better price that Craft Supplies as well a faster shipping. Lee Valley has recently expanded the range of tools they stock.

Back