• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

New Frugal Vacuum Chuck

That was quick. Bob posted that his new systems were ready for sale on Friday. I had been waiting and so I placed an order right away and it arrived here today. Unfortunately, my wife was the one who brought it in from the porch and felt how “heavy” it is. She now has questions.
I will post some more info once I get it set up.

421C449B-BC75-4937-8D08-33F234F1F684.jpeg

The setup was pretty easy as well and I was surprised at how much holding power it has. I have the Beall spindle tap and that is what I used to make the cup. I turned the first bottom with it last night.

4697A729-C1E8-41C8-A1FD-86736C5B6844.jpeg

I bought my Frugal at SWAT two or three years ago, and I love it! I can have it up and running in under a minute!

Back